Header Ads

love Turns ( Episode 3)


Love Turns (Episode 3)
Made a mess!
Semester was over, yet Charis couldn't seem to let go of the memories and the heartbreak. Moreover our results would be out in a day or two. The board list is always a mirror to see the happiness or gloominess that grips the faces of those who would succeed or repeat.

I kicked the dust lost in my thoughts as I strolled to Charis home, I needed to know the whole story, when I got there she was all alone.
Refusing to speak but offered me a chilled drink. 

Moments passed in awkward silence, she broke out in tears

She narrates,
What did I do wrong?
My care and sacrifices were not enough
He said he used me to get the girl he always wanted.
I was an object whose use came to an end
(She muttered as she began to loose her breath). She was utterely unsatisfied.

What can I do now? I thought in my head.
It's alright my friend, You should be preparing for a good life in college not crying over spilled milk of a high school fool.

She broke into intense tears as she told me what the principal said.
She had to repeat the final test.

I got so furious picked up my bag and left. As I walked out and idea came into my head. I dialled Mark's number.
Let's meet at the school cafe. 4pm prompt, I added.

I need to teach that scallywag a lesson, justice for my dear friend.
Aimee and her family relocated to another city after the final exams. And the other is broken by another man. I had to fight for her because that's what is right, my mind echoes.
I can't wait to give Alan a piece of my mind.

I walked with long steps as I approached the cafe. He was dressed in a red flowered buttoned up long sleeve. His hair flipped as he looked at me.
Mark was a playboy, that's the conclusion we had as he was either with Mary, Gina or steph whenever he pleased. Girls often gave him gifts and offers and most times a long stare.
I didn't care, he is alan's friend, they are the same i pondered with a tough grin on my cheek as I pulled the chair to sit.

You topped the class again! He said with a wild cheer on his face.
Ivwould have been second if only you let me sit close to you that day.
I was excited but I hid the happiness as I nodded my head.
I was too angry to speak so I let him go first.
Graduation dinner is in three days, do you have a date? He asked as his eyes fixed a gaze on me.
Could this be a joke? I said under my breathe.
'That's not why I'm here', I responded before he could finish the sentence.

So what brought Mounthills' best student here? He asked
Your friend dumped Charis for Claire I said almost stuttering.

He rested his back on the chair as soon as he heard what I said.
Interesting, Why do you care? He added. I thought you were a tomboy he said giggling.
Offended I hit the table hard and everyone turned at us. I'm such a mess I thought. You both would pay for the hurt you've caused, I yelled at him as I picked up my things to leave. He sat down undisturbed as he watched me leave the cafe.
Stop being paranoid, things like that are bound to happen! He yelled back as I took my leave.

Thank you for reading 
Drop your comments!
See here for episode 4

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.