Header Ads

Lovely Lies

Relationship has ups and downs. What do you do when it seems you are manipulated and you've been fooled by lies. Read the poem below.
Lovely Lies-Poem
He confessed love to me
I felt it, I gave in
pampered at the slightest
my adrenaline at its peak

Yet I had puzzles,I can not seem to fix
is my intelligence toyed with?
Or has this love has overwhelmed me?
Am I thinking amiss or exaggerating?

Talebearers say,
the more you look, the less you see
am I blind, or is my reality faraway?
my acuity has gone blurry

I don't think I am enough
why does he refuse to show me off
am I the love of his life?
or his secret sin?

Am I ugly?
He insists on a private relationship
Am I in folly?
or prolly he has many ships sailing

invited me over
yet demands I drop a call first
on the note to prepare a welcoming homecoming
am I one of his side chick he wants to keep lowly?

picture perfect young man
never projecting harm
waited earnestly at the train station anticipating my arrival
but would never ask for a picture of us together

Sticking under the shadows
his love never fills my bone marrows
Constantly avoiding my life's spotlight
yet he watches my life like the watchman at night

clues I need
no room for deception to set in
the truth would be out in the light
justifying appetite

Thank you for reading
Drop comments below!


1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.